12+

Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve of history, architecture and art

Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve Museum of Dionysius frescoes. Photo: Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve Museum of Dionysius frescoes. Photo: Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve Museum of Dionysius frescoes. Photo: Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve Museum of Dionysius frescoes Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve
  • Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve
  • Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve
  • Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve
  • Museum of Dionysius frescoes. Photo: Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve
  • Museum of Dionysius frescoes. Photo: Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve
  • Museum of Dionysius frescoes. Photo: Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve
  • Museum of Dionysius frescoes
  • Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve

Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve of history, architecture and art was founded in 1924 in the building of the closed Kirillo-Belozersky monastery, a monument of architecture of the 14th century.

The museum includes the architectural ensembles of Kirillo-Belozersky (1397) and Ferapontov monasteries (1398) and a wooden church of Elijah the Prophet (1775). In 1997 Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve was included in the State List of the most valuable objects of cultural heritage of Russia. In 2000 the ensemble of Ferapontov monastery with paintings by Dionysius was included in UNESCO List of World Heritage.

The museum possesses fine collections of ancient Russian painting, illustrated and ornamental sewing, manuscripts and old books, archeology, decorative, applied and folk art.

Now the museum is focused on development of museum collections, stocks and exhibition work. An important sphere is restoration of movable and immovable monuments.

More than 260 000 tourists mostly foreigners visit the museum annually.

More than 50 thousand museum units are kept in the museum stocks.

Main collections:
1. Archeology
2. Graphics
3. Metal
4. Written documents and book collections
5. Ancient Russian art

Main expositions:
1. Archeologists of the Beloye Lake land
2. Ancient Russian art of 15-17 centuries
3. History of Kirillo-Belozersky monastery
4. A monk’s cell
5. Museum of a city and municipal history
6. Folk art of the Beloye lake land
7. Russian art of 17-19 centuries (Treasury Chamber)

Branch museum – Museum of Dionysius frescoes

Museum of Dionysius frescoes is placed in the architectural ensemble of monuments of Ferapontov monastery of 15-19 centuries in Ferapontovo settlement.The Ferapontov monastery was founded in 1398. For more than 400 years it remained one of the outstanding cultural religious education centers. It became well-known due to the activity of the student of Kirill Belozersky – St.Martinian

Address: Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve, Kirillov city, 161100 Vologda Oblast, Russia
Phones: +7-81757-31479
E-mail: kir-museum@mail.ru

Vasily Belov's memorial flat

Address: 4, house 10, Oktyabrskaya street, Vologda citya
Phones: +7-921-142-08-56

For more detailed information, please, go to sites:
kirmuseum.ru/en/
dionisy.com/eng/

Aeropanorama ensemble Kirillo-Belozersky monastery

Поделиться
Плюсануть
Класснуть