Historical and memorial museum of Alexander Yashin
Historical and Memorial Museum of Alexander Yashin, a famous Russian Soviet prosaist, was opened in 1989 on the basis of two independent museums: a local lore museum and a memorial museum. There are more than 6991 units in the stock including 6344 of the basic stock.
Now the museum is in charge of:1. A building in Nikolsk with basic local lore and memorial expositions;
2. A museum of the peasant’s everyday life in Bludnovo village;
3. Historical and memorial complex of the writer Alexander Yashin being a specially preserved nature territory – a landscape state wildlife preserve of the regional value. The memorial complex with the grave and gravestone are objects of the regional cultural heritage.
Excursions• History of the district city
• Nikolsk as a merchant’s city
• Nikolsk during World War II
• Orthodox history of the municipality
• Birds and animals of Nikolsk municipality
• Bobrishnyi Ugor of A.Yashin
• Thank you, Bludnovo
• Life and activity of Alexander Yashin
The most valuable (unique) collections:• Personal library of Alexander Yashin including books of Soviet writers of the 50-60-s with inscriptions, books, documents, diaries and manuscripts of Yashin.
• Library and collection of personal things of the scientist selectionist V.Spirin
• Pictures of the Nikolsk painters.
The most interesting units in the museum stock• Nikolsk ethnographic costume of 19th century
• Collection of birch bark articles made by local craftsmen
• Pottery by amateur craftsmen
• Awards (14-15th centuries)
Address: Bankovskaya str. 14, Nikolsk city, 161440 Vologda Oblast
Теl.: +7 (81754) 2-26-52