Belozersk regional local lore museum
Regional local lore museum in Belozersk was founded in Belozersk city on the basis of the museum of antiques in 1918. The stocks of the local lore museum in Belozersk includes historical household and ethnographic utensils, agricultural equipment, utensils of the peasants’ and urban everyday life, articles of the decorative applied art of the end of XIX-XX centuries, manuscripts and old books, sculptures of small size, ancient Russian painting, clothes of priests and articles of cult. The most valuable collection is the iconostasis of St.Transfiguration cathedral (end XVIII-beginning XIX centuries).
The activity of the regional local lore museum in Belozersk is focused on broad restoration works, development of modern expositions, popularization of the rich historical and cultural heritage of the land, an advancing development and reorganization of the museum into educational, socio-cultural and tourist center, in the future – into the museum-reserve.
The regional local lore museum in Belozersk is in charge of eight monuments of architecture: Belozersk Kremlin, St.Transfiguration cathedral, church of Elijah the Prophet, church of the Savior Most Gracious, church of Petr and Pavel, church of John Forerunner, a bridge over the rampart, house of Kaporulin.
There are five permanent expositions in the museum, five of them are in Belozersk and the sixth «Freeze-frame» – in Sadovaya village:1. Museum «Russian log house»
2. Exhibition hall
3. House-museum of Sergey Orlov
4. Museum of the White Lake
5. Museum of local lore
6. Exposition «Freeze-frame»
Wood, documents, post cards, books, sculpture, oil painting, Russian ancient painting, graphics, cloth, archeology, metal, ceramics, natural scientific materials.
Address: Frunze st., 70, Belozersk, 161200 Vologda Oblast, Russia
Telephone: +7 (81756) 2-28-97